The Luxurious and Historical Williamsburg Inn for Your Wedding in Virginia
Colonial Williamsburg is the ideal spot for any couple’s dream wedding, with the perfect combination of fairytale elements and history-enriched locations. This venue is where couples can find their happily-ever-after, with the classic and elegant ambiance of a Williamsburg Inn wedding or the stunning natural beauty and sparkling Fountain Garden by the Rockefeller building. Colonial Williamsburg offers a resort experience just minutes away from fine dining, friendly accommodations, glorious spas, championship golf, and more!
All the wedding services and amenities couples will need are available at Colonial Williamsburg. The events team dedicates itself to helping couples plan out every moment of their big day, providing expert advice along the way (ask to speak with Yuani!). From renowned pastry chefs to talented floral designers (Lindsey is AH-mazing!), you can customize your wedding day to suit your style and preferences. The Williamsburg Inn in Colonial Williamsburg is a place where couples can design the wedding of their dreams.
About Williamsburg Inn Weddings
136 Francis St E
Williamsburg, VA 23185
Perfect for big and small occasions, Colonial Williamsburg Resorts have 48 meeting rooms and 67,000 square feet of event space, allowing couples to host 200-600 guests (depending on the venue) for their big celebration. Colonial Williamsburg gives guests a resort experience just minutes away from fine dining, golf, and luxurious spas. Colonial Williamsburg offers plenty of local, history-rich gems to explore as well.
There are many different locations to choose from in Colonial Williamsburg, including the Williamsburg Lodge (the Virginia Room, the Colony Room, the Virginia Lawn), the Williamsburg Inn, the Williamsburg Woodlands, the Rockefeller Complex, the Fountain Garden, and much more. The Williamsburg Inn is one of the most popular venues due to its timeless elegance as the crown jewel of Colonial Williamsburg.
Williamsburg Inn is full of history and charm, built in several phases between 1937 and 1972. The Inn is a three-story Colonial Revival-style brick structure with multiple wings of guest rooms and a stunning courtyard. Furthermore, it is internationally acclaimed for its wonderful accommodations, service, and dining.
Details of the Grounds
The Williamsburg Inn is 6,500 square feet and can accommodate up to 190 guests. This venue features luxurious Regency-style decor that creates an ambiance of elegance and warmth. Timeless treasures and modern amenities make the Williamsburg Inn an excellent wedding venue.
The Williamsburg Inn features seven different areas you can use for the ceremony and reception. The elegant and impressive East Lounge is a room that can hold up to 75 guests and includes the use of the Queen’s Terrace and the lawn. The luxurious and elegant Queen’s Terrace features the backdrop of Colonial Williamsburg’s award-winning golf course. This stunning terrace features a beautiful lawn and wedding pergola, the ideal outdoor setting for a ceremony. The Regency Dining Room in the Williamsburg Inn is the most exclusive room at this venue, with an ambiance of class and elegance. It features an outdoor terrace that overlooks the golf course, a built-in dance floor, and an array of art. The Regency Dining Room can hold up to 160 guests.
The Rockefeller Complex can hold up to 200 guests and includes the use of the building, the Oval Garden, and the Fountain Garden. The elegant Oval Garden is a secluded outdoor area suitable for large events and tented meals in this expansive space. It is located between the Williamsburg Inn and the Williamsburg Lodge. The Fountain Garden includes a flowing fountain, gorgeous plants, and a brick walkway, making it a perfect setting for receptions or cocktail hour.
Lastly, the Social Terrace is a flexible space that can accommodate large gatherings or small, intimate events. This space can seat up to 160 guests or more.
With stunning indoor and outdoor spaces, the Williamsburg Inn offers many fantastic opportunities for wedding day photography. Some examples of wedding-day snapshots might include:
- The bride and groom posing in the grass area of the gardens, with the Inn behind them
- The bride standing by the window in one of the getting-ready suites, surrounded by floral wallpaper, ornate mirrors, and natural light pouring in from the window
- The bride holding her bouquet while standing outside in the gardens
- The bride and groom posing in front of the Inn in the wintertime, with the building and trees lit up with sparkling lights in the evening
- The couple walking away from the Inn, with the stately building creating a gorgeous backdrop
- The bride standing in the garden area, her dress flowing around her, as the leaves fall from the trees and the autumn sun casts a warm glow on her bouquet
- The bride and groom walking hand-in-hand down the brick pathway next to the building
- The bride and her bridesmaids standing in front of the stunning white brick of the building
- The bride standing in the garden, surrounded by blooming plants, as her bridesmaids carefully adjust her dress around her
Colonial Williamsburg weddings include:
- a private reception venue,
- setup, and breakdown of the event areas,
- an onsite catering manager,
- discounted room rates for wedding guests,
- early access for vendors to set up,
- floor-length white linens,
- a wedding night room for the couple,
- banquet chairs and tables,
- cake cutting services,
- customized menu selections,
- many areas for photography,
- advanced spa reservations, and
- advanced golf tee times.
The Williamsburg Inn will provide all food and beverages (no outside vendors are allowed). The Executive Chef can tailor menus to meet a couple’s needs and preferences, with menus designed to offer a wide variety of quality food choices. Food options include:
- passed hors d’oeuvres,
- reception displays (slider bar, cheese and charcuterie, artisanal cheeses, and crudites),
- chef-tended stations (Scottish salmon, cigar bar, roast pork loin, and more),
- specialty buffets,
- plated dinners,
- desserts, and
An intimate wedding package is also available for couples who prefer a small celebration with their closest friends and family. This all-inclusive package allows couples and ten guests to enjoy an indoor or outdoor ceremony, a hand-tied bridal bouquet, the groom’s boutonniere, a champagne toast, and ceremony chairs.
Williamsburg Inn Wedding
Colonial Williamsburg truly is the ideal place to hold a fantastic wedding that blends rich history with modern luxury. With many different event areas, both indoors and outdoors, the Williamsburg Inn is a beautiful wedding venue in the Colonial Williamsburg Resorts lineup.
For more Williamsburg wedding content, check out more Williamsburg Inn weddings on my blog:
Happy wedding planning! <3